Monday, August 16, 2010

Bee Monday

I decided that I'm going to have "Bee Mondays" on my blog.

For those of you who don't know me, I've recently begun to get into all things bees.  I know that a bee is my avatar for my shops but I never really put much thought into bee-related things.

I guess we can probably blame that on my mother and Anne (Made For Me by Oaklie). 

My mother bought me the cute bee plant decoration that I use as a prop, for smaller items, when I take pics for new listings.  She also bought me a Tumblr cup with a bee on the inside.

Anne suggested that I should use bee props when I take pics.  So, the first thing I bought was the small bee that I used in some of the pics of wallets that I listed. 

After that, I was hopelessly stuck on bees.  LOL  I'm always on the lookout now for all things bees.

So, back to Bee Mondays.  I'm going to share with you some of the unique handmade things, related to bees, that I have found.

I have two items to share with you today....the first is this stunning bee stained glass by A Touch of Glass.  A Touch of Glass is a stained glass shop that has many gorgeous pieces listed.



The second is this amazing custom order Welcome Sign by Rusty Rooster Metal.  Rusty Rooster Metal has a large selection of signs and hangings in all types of the themes and motifs.


These shops have so much more than bees and the quality of their work is top-notch.  I'm thinking of snagging one of those signs from Rusty Rooster Metal and having VaBeachQuilter put on it.  Then I'll hang it on my sewing room door.  What do you think?

2 comments: