Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Look at My Newest Quilt!!!



I picked up my newest quit, from my long-armer, late last week.  Today was the first day of nice sunlight (and a dry fence), so I was finally able to take pics of it.

What do you think?  It's a king-sized (100" x 100").  It's a "spider web" pattern.  There are hundreds of strips of fabric in this quilt.  There are8 triangles in each quilt block.  There are 25 blocks on the top.




I had 4 left-over blocks. so I decided to piece the back of the quilt using the extra blocks.

The acorns and leaves were the quilted pattern.  It has not been bound yet (which is why you see the "white" around the edges; that's the batting that will be trimmed away once I've added the binding.)

I had so much fun making this quilt, that I'm going to have to make a smaller version (after the new year) and offer it for sale.





8 comments:

  1. Its beautiful and I love the way you did the back. It could be reversible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks great! i love all the rich, deep autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The colors are magnificent. Now that is a talent supreme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....shucks! :o) Thx for all of the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I so wish that I knew how to do this. I love the look of quilts

    ReplyDelete