Monday, October 5, 2009

Handmade ~ By ~ Sheri


Sheri, owner of the self-named "Handmade ~ by ~ Sheri" Artfire crochet shop, surprised me one day when she asked if I would review a couple of her items. 

She sent to me some wonderfully well-crafted pair of facial scrubbies and a wash cloth.  My first impression, when I opened the package, was the beautiful colors that were used in making the items.  Then on closer inspection, I could see that Sheri is a VERY talented crocheter!

I couldn't wait to give this beauties a try and see if they would hold up when used.  And to see if they would remain intact and keep their shape once they had been washed and dried.

I decided to use the wash cloth while doing my dishes.  I figured...if it could hold up to THAT level of use, then using it in the shower was a no brainer.  Much to my surprise it held up amazingly well!!!  It didn't fall apart or get mishappened.

Next, I move on to the scrubbies.  I don't wear make-up (except on the extreme occasion), so I gave one of them to a close friend to see what she thought of it and how well it helped to remove her make-up.  I thought that the scrubbie would be rough on my face but it wasn't...it had a gentle exfoliating feel as I washed.

My friend was extremely impressed with her use of the scrubbie.  It easily and, more importantly, gently removed all of her make-up.  She said that her skin felt clean and refreshed.

So, we're 2 for 2 on the wash cloth and scrubbies.  The final test was washing and drying.  Sheri assured me that they could be machine washed and dried and would hold up perfectly.  I have to admit that I was a little skeptical (not being a crocheter/knitter/etc...what do I know???)  They looked to delicate to handle the abuses delivered by a washing machine and dryer.

Yet again, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was wrong...they held up and looked just as good as the day that I opened my package!

So, over-all, I would CONFIDENTLY and STRONGLY recommend that you purchase from Sheri.  This is one talented crocheter!!!  Her prices are reasonable and now's the time to start thinking about your Christmas purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment